Our office processes Insurance Reinstatements only.
Cancellations & Revocations
- Proof of Insurance with a company authorized to write in Louisiana
- Cancel the plate online or surrender by mail
- Proof of the date the vehicle was disposed by submitting one of the following containing the VIN:
- Bill of Sale/Trade-in Documents/Lease Return
- Total Loss Statement from the Insurance Company
- Proof of Repossession from the Lien Holder
- Junked or Salvage Receipt
- Out-of-State Registration
FEES & PAYMENTS
Fees are based on the number of days without insurance.
- 2-30 days: $125
- 31-90 days: $275
- 91 days and above: $525
- If the debt is delinquent and transferred to the Office of Debt Recovery (ODR) the fee is $656.25
Insurance cancellation fees do have a cap of $850.00 plus a $25.00 administrative fee per cancellation when paid on the same day. If you are 65 years of age or older, the cap is decreased to $250.00. However, the cap does NOT apply to any insurance cancellations that have been transferred to ODR.
Skip the wait
Come to Belle’s Auto Title LLC for all your title needs! Our priority is to help you stay on schedule and get you back on the road!